Okay — I started the first blog of 2013 with the following:
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of a new year. Resolutions made and quickly broken, imaginings about what lies ahead, et cetera and so forth. This year I didn’t have the blush of newness. I got something even better–my old self.
That’s nice and all, but I couldn’t get any farther because of Downton Abbey. I don’t know what it is about this show, but I can’t get enough. My free time for blogging has been sucked up by the Crawleys. In no particular order, I blame my near obsession on the following.
- Sumptuous clothing. I could spend hours in Lady Mary’s closet.
- Matthew. He’s the perfect combo of gentleman, warm companion, and blue eyes that promise of some really nice smooching behind a tree on the glorious abbey grounds. The grounds are so beautiful they could be their own reason for watching.
- The intrigue of the servants as they wrangle for position in the house.
- Maggie Smith. There’s a reason she gets the best lines.
- The will they/won’t they of Mary and Matthew was done really well.
This list should be longer, but a new episode is coming on and I’ve gotta run.