Our next guest blogger wants to remain anonymous. Not the type of Anonymous that just hacked and took over the evil Westboro Church’s Facebook page, but regular anonymous. Please welcome our first male guest blogger!
I’m not going to proclaim myself as being a perfect husband, father, son, sibling, co-worker, or human. Some may say that at times I am not even a human. I know for sure that there are many bloggers, Facebookers, Tweeters and their mothers, writing and posting something about the bombings at the Boston Marathon.
Events like the bombing, a fatal car crash, or someone passing away at a young age…. what do they inadvertently make you do? Reflect perhaps? Change? Maybe or maybe not. I don’t know about you, but they always make me think……
1. Man, that’s awful.
2. How could someone do something like that?
3. Look at all those great people helping.
4. I wish that I was there to help.
5. I don’t have time to help.
6. I barely have time to see my kids during the week.
7. I need to make a change in my life.
8. I said that I was going to make a change, yet i’m still doing the same exact thing that I was doing before. And why do numbers 4 through 8 all start with “I”?
I do know this: Life is definitely short. Not only short for you, but short for all of us. This is why we give, why we share, and why we help. But sometimes the shortness of life is also why we do not. We should look to the helpers for inspiration.